Read what others are saying about HappyHostel Vienna
Mariusz From PolandOn November 30, -0001
Excellent. Clean, light, comfortable rooms kitchen and bathroom at the quiet street. Good breakfasts. Near to metro stations. Very kindly staff.
Elena From SpainOn November 30, -0001
The only problem was that the reception was always empty. If we need something we had to search the staff around, even in the restaurant in the other side of the street.
Graceyee From South KoreaOn November 30, -0001
It is a small and old building. As soon as I entered the Hostel. I thought is it like a private house than a hostel. It is dark. And the entire hostel has a strange smell. Our bedroom is big than what is expected. But our bed sheet is dirty and has hairs on it. Side tables are dusty. Kitchen appliances are dirty. The furniture are all old and dusty. Wifi is not working in the room.
Tamas From HungaryOn November 30, -0001
It is a tiny hostel with quite simple furniture and rooms. On the other hand, the staff was realy sweet, its position right next to West-Bahnhof is excellent and the price was practically the lowest I ever met in its category.
Mary From AustraliaOn November 30, -0001
Our rooms were very generous in size with a great bathroom & small kitchen. Location close to the main station & local supermarket and access to the Old City, through the shopping mall was also very good. However internet access was very poor. Main complaint: rooms had a bad smell (smokers, electrical fault, burnt plastic??) which persisted for the 3 days we were there (one of us was asthmatic, so that was a problem). Also desk in office often unstaffed. Minimal utensils and things to clean with in kitchen and previous occupant had left dirty pots.Overall though, a good place to stay.
Nikola From CroatiaOn November 30, -0001
Great place to stay, little bit far away from city center but there is metro station cca. 200 meters away. Value for your money!!
Emma From IrelandOn November 30, -0001
The happy hostel is in a great location but it was pretty grimy. When I go to a hostel I know other people have stayed there but I don't want to see signs of it everywhere! There was also mold in the shower and the blanket looked like it hadn't been washed. I had very little interaction with the staff but what I did have was pleasant enough. I wouldn't recommend staying here to a friend though.
Ute From AustriaOn November 30, -0001
great as always, thanks a lot!
Andreas From BelgiumOn November 30, -0001
The combination of
-a heating system that didn't seem to work (ice cold chamber)
-an oven (with postit: DEFEKT) that was running without anyone supervising
-no fire exit
made me leave and look for another place to sleep.
SUDHIR From USAOn November 30, -0001
This is budget hotel/hostel so adjust your expectations accordingly or you will be disappointed; I paid 35 euros for single room with shared bathroom. Lay out is unusual in that it is rooms in apartment layout being rented; rooms without dedicated bathroom will share kitchen and bathroom with two or three other rooms. I stayed five nights. Pension Kraml is cheaper [35 euros for single room including all you can eat buffet breakfast] and nicer but location is not so convenient. so Happy Hostel is my second choice but for the location and value, I would gladly stay here again.
1. Excellent location, within 5 minute walk from WestBahnhof railway and subway station; you can get bus to airport for 8 euro one way or 13 euro round trip, running about 3 times per hours [cash only; no credit cards for airport bus]. McDonalds, Subway and many other fast food and full service restaurants at West Bahnhof and surrounding area
2. Accepts credit card
3. Run by Franz and two African American origin ladies; they try to please guests within reason
4. Free access to kitchen with microwave, stove, fridge, freezer and oven. Kitchen has full cutlery, cups, plates and utensils. You can buy groceries from Billa or Hofer other grocery store on Mariahilder strasse, only five minute walk. Great value at Billa; 400g frozen vegetarian lasagna for two euros; you cannot beat that value and tasted great. Buying food at grocery store can save lots of money compared to eating out.
5. Breakfast is five euros if you reserve ahead [or 4 euros if you buy directly from front desk, a sign at reception said that ??]; I had breakfast one day only and it was substantial with bread, egg, jam, cheese, tea, meat
6. I stayed in room 14a on floor above ground floor and was spacious enough for budget room.
7. Old CRT TV but cable enable with many channels; English channels were BBC and CNN; most channels in german
8. Area seemed safe; I did not have any misadventures
9. Awesomely fast, free wifi
1. My room was very cold. Heater had been turned off but even when turned on, it was always very cold inside the room; corridor outside was always warmer.
2. Soap is not provided nor are clean towels provided daily unless you ask for it.
Istvan From HungaryOn November 30, -0001
We are returning guests og Happy Hostel Vienna. We were as satisfied as usual. The location, staff, prices are great. The hostel is located in a very quiet area, within 5 minutes reach of Westbahnhof. This is currently the best Hostel in Vienna for us! We will return soon! :)
Elaine From AustriaOn November 30, -0001
Pity that the bathroom and WC were far from the room. As hostels go it was fine although the furniture was old and rickety and the heating didn't work but otherwise it served the purpose very well. For €30. more I could've stayed at the brand new hotel (inc. breakfast) next to Westbahn.
Susanna From SwitzerlandOn November 30, -0001
The hostel is quite cheap but really clean, the staff is friendly, one can store the luggage for a day, and there is always someone at the reception.
Andreas From GermanyOn November 30, -0001
clean and huge rooms, close to the westbahnhof, friendly staff
Antoine From FranceOn November 30, -0001
A little bit far from the city center, we were in a separated flat from the hostel, it was clean, very calm and spacious, but we felt isolated. Have a good stay in the happy hostel with the nice staff :)
giulio From ItalyOn November 30, -0001
dust under the bed.The people who shared the bathroom were not very clean, you never know whom you get.
Anna From PolandOn November 30, -0001
Clean and quiet, rooms aren't very big but they are cosy. A lot of cooking facilities can be usefull and staff is nice. And it's located very close to U-bahn station.
usoa From SpainOn November 30, -0001
The towels were from IBIS hotel and they even had holes.
Dariusz From PolandOn November 30, -0001
really nice place ;)
Pieter From NetherlandsOn November 30, -0001
We really enjoined our stay. Spacious room, use of kitchen and close to Wien Westbahnhof.